In this very short video series, Yifat Cohen takes you through the entire process of joining a hangout On Air as a guest.
The first video will cover the tech aspects of a hangout: camera, mic and bandwidth.
The second video will walk you through understanding the Hangout’s layout:
- How to mute yourself,
- how to turn your camera on and off,
- how to add to the conversation without interrupting and..
- how to troubleshoot the hangout so that you’re able to enjoy the entire experience.
Here are the tools I use to help me look and sound great on hangouts:
- Camera: Logitech C920
- Microphone: You have a few options:
- Ethernet Cable: depending on the distance your computer is from your modem, you might need a longer or shorter cable. You can find them all on Amazon for around $10.
- Mediabridge Cat5e Ethernet Patch Cable (100 Feet)
- SpeedTest: you want to have at least 5MB upload. Remember – you don’t want to be the weakest link. So, hard wire thyself.
In this video you’ll learn your way around a hangout as well as some Hangout Etiquette to ensure you’re adding to the conversation, not interrupting it.